As a Compliance Manager responsible for the British market, you will be in charge of overseeing the company’s compliance with the rules applicable in this region. This shall include managing the overall process of making applications to the Gambling Commission and ensuring ongoing maintenance of licences held, licence and compliance reporting, acting as the main liaison between the company and the Gambling Commission, developing and implementing company policies and procedures, running regulatory audits and assessments, assessing and approving products and promotions in accordance with applicable regulation and acting as a liaison with external legal advisors where necessary.
This role also requires working with interest groups and attending committee meetings organised on a national level as well as identifying training needs for the relevant country team. The Compliance Manager would be expected to become the point of reference within the company for this region.
You will be based in Malta and you will report to the Head of Compliance. Travel abroad may be required from time to time.
YOU WILL BE MAINLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- The ongoing compliance of all licences held by the company with the Gambling Commission;
- Ensuring that all applicable rules and regulations applicable to the industry, including but not limited to the regulations on gambling, anti-money laundering and advertising are complied with;
- Acting as liaison between the business and the regulator on all the company’s activities within Great Britain, advising both the operational teams and management on strategy within the region;
- Managing regulatory audits and inspections as may arise from time to time;
- Conducting regulatory returns and risk assessments as required in accordance with standard company policy and applicable rules;
- Following the work of interest groups and other relevant associations and working with the Head of Regulatory Affairs and Head of Compliance on company-specific positions;
- Keeping abreast of developments in approaches to regulation;
- Working with the rest of the compliance team on ensuring a standardised approach to compliance across the business including through the coordination and implementation of policies, procedures and processes;
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in developing training programs for specific teams as may be identified.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding. The Compliance Team is currently made up of 5 other compliance specialists, each responsible for different jurisdictions and compliance areas. We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. There is plenty of opportunity at Grodtgroup and a keen interest in other areas of compliance or regulatory affairs would increase your chances of making an impact and getting the most out of this role.
- A law degree from a reputable European University; persons with degrees in business, finance or IT will also be considered;
- Experience in compliance and regulatory-related work, with at least 2 years’ experience within a similar legal and/or compliance environment with a business operating in the UK;
- Understanding of the exigencies of gambling, especially in the absence of specific gambling compliance experience.
YOU ARE GOOD AT:
- Understanding business needs and applying relevant legal requirements accordingly;
- Operating within a fast and dynamic environment, prioritising and managing processes and requirements as demanded by business priorities;
- Communicating both verbally and in writing in the English language;
- Communicating in international business matters.
- Experience in UK gaming compliance
- Any relevant compliance certification
- Knowledge of other languages